Disease Surveillance & Anti-Tick Campaigns
Revamping of extension services and capacity building of livestock farmers through Farmer's / field days.
Visits of Mobile Veterinary Disease Diagnostics Labs.
Mobile Veterinary Dispensaries (MVDs)
Livestock plays an important role in the uplift of rural economy. Mission of the veterinary services has been to protect & provide treatment to livestock against diseases in the region, for which, Mobile Veterinary Services network has been established. This network is providing quality services to the farmers at their doorsteps.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to take care of dairy animals?
- Provide a balanced diet and fresh water to the animals
- Keep the animal environment clean and calm
- Vaccinate animals against infectious diseases as scheduled
What are the measures to prevent and control Mastitis?
- Keep the animal shed clean
- Clean hands and teats with antiseptic solution before and after milking
- Completely empty the udder after milking
- Milking should be done by a specialist milkman or use a milking machine
- Feed at the proper time
- Contact the nearest veterinary hospital in case of any animal disease
- Surf Test should be used regularly for early diagnosis of mastitis
How to prevent and treat worms in animals?
Fecal sample of the animal should be sent to the diagnostic laboratory to identify internal worms and use medications according to the diagnosis. Use dewormer every four months.
From where can we buy Wanda?
Wanda is available at Sahulat Centers located in every tehsil.
Where can I get loan facilities for livestock farming?
All scheduled banks provide loans.